SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
asdiard001

My 2016 seedling update

Annie
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I can't find my original post about my seeds, so I'm starting this new thread. I have lost a total of 5 of my volunteer BP seedlings due to this extreme heat we've been having on the gulf coast, but am making sure the rest of my babies have adequate water and indirect sunlight for the duration. The smallest pots are sitting together in a shallow tray of water, and all of the plants look great now. The larger ones are also getting more shade than sun, and I water them thoroughly after the sun goes down, to prevent losing any more. I still have no idea what some of these babies are, and can only hazard a guess based on characterisitics on 2 of them. I know for a fact that 3 of them are Reaper, and that 3 are volunteer BP, and 1 is Hab Hybrid (not sure what cross). As for the rest which I forgot to label when I sowed.... I know they can only be either mini bell, Peter, Hab hybrid, or my own cross of that same Hab hybrid to a BP. One of my unidentified babies has been munched by a caterpillar which I took care of, as u can see in the pics, but other than that they are all healthy & looking great! Some of them look a bit stunted, which I'm blaming on the intense heat (daily heat index of over 104° F) we've had for several weeks. So I'm down to 12 from 17, which is ok by me, considering my limited space

I meant to put Hab Hybrid on bottom left pot (2nd pic) but accidentally put a ? instead. I'm pretty sure this is the same Hab hybrid plant as the parent one from last grow season.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21