SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

Cabin project 2, the screened porch

7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I am working on the porch now. I have some furniture that I'm hoping will work out there. Porch overall is 39' X 9'3". There are 2 sets of double glass doors that have a fixed panel and a swing out door. I'm hoping to have a seating area of 4 wicker chairs that I have and love around a 40 inch round coffee table. I'd also like a dining area as the house itself will only have room for a small 4 person dining area inside.

There are doors at either end of the porch. The one on the right nearest the master leads to a catwalk that goes to the detached garage and guest apartment above. This will also lead to the steps to a small fenced area for the little dogs area. I think that door will almost never get used except by me in the middle of the night when a little dog may need to go out. I will only ever open the door frm master to porch to let a dog out in an emergency. I think guests using that little apartment will feel odd coming in that way and will probably use the main door to come in. The door on the left will get used a bit, but not constantly.

Here is a pic from the listing, not our furniture. Taken from left door facing door to catwalk.

Possible layout 1, shows the outswing doors. I like this except for the big dead space in front of master doors. Not sure if that is a problem.

Or this, layout 2

Forgot to add, I'm planning on putting in a small dog door leading to catwalk. So I can just let dogs out of bedroom and not have to go open the second door as well.

or totally different layout 3, is it weird to have the dining table closer to the master?

Comments (15)