SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lskatz15

Steep Slope Advice Wanted

Scott
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi!

Your ideas are appreciated on how to landscape the steep slope between the house and the road.

I'm restoring the Greek Revival on my Centennial Farm. I have heavy equipment and plenty of field stone boulders and rock. I'm not comfortable shaping the slope by the road so I am having the excavator grade the yard around the house and work on the slope by the road.

What to do with it?

My idea is to maintain the tiered sweep of the lawn, but soften it and cut the hillside so I can install boulders and rock sweeping up from the drive by the road, up the slope, and frame the top of the slope. I would keep the wild look or plant a section below the rock running to the roadside. The front and side yard would get a picket fence.

I'm not too sure about this. My architect made a basic site plan, but didn't address the slope in any detail.

Ideas and suggestions appreciated. Other than the heavy roadside excavating I'd like to tackle this project with my own backhoe and rock. I'm not a mason so building a stone wall isn't something I'd like to learn to do in the front yard.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks, Scott

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor