SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carly_kaye

Help with a 40+ year old Sansevieria

Carly Kaye
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I have recently brought this sans from my late mother's house in Pennsylvania to my home in Ohio.

This plant is over 40 years old (passed down from my great grandmother) and I would like to save it! As you can see the plant is very droopy. I have it tied to the pinwheel behind it to hold it up. Within the last week, two leaves have turned yellow and two little sprouts have completely fallen out of the soil.

Should I repot in a smaller pot? It has been in this planter for quite a while, probably at least 5 years. Was much taller and not so droopy when my mom was alive. She also kept it in a bright sunny south facing area with it sitting on top of a milk crate over a heat vent. It has been in west facing not so bright area until 2 days ago when I brought it outside to our porch.

These are the 2 sprouts that completely fell out. I know my mother has always taken any shoot or cutting from almost any plant she's wanted to grow and had success in rooting it by placing it in a small glass of water in a sunny window. My thumb is not as green as her's though. Will this technique work for these?

Thank you!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!