SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
royalt4

Help matching countertops - sea pearl and costa esmeralda

royalt4
7 years ago

Id like to get the GW input on matching my countertops.

We are doing a full kitchen reno using maple cabinets with a buttermilk stain for the perimeter cabinets and island and a butler's pantry that will have a blue paint with heirloom finish. The floors will be hickory in saddle stain (at least as of today). From the beginning we had a green bias for our color scheme. We think it will match well with maple and blue cabinets. We havent decided where the green will go but we're ok with it being anywhere - walls, backsplash, pendants, counters etc.

Our KD had a piece of sea pearl quartzite randomly at her showroom and we both loved it because of its green bias and so asked her to price it. Unfortunately it was very pricey, like $10k, for the space we needed. Fast forward several weeks later and we redesigned our layout and changed the countertops a few times. We now have less countertop space and decided to mix styles - one for kitchen (perimeter against the walls) and one for island & butlers pantry.

At the stone yard last week we saw a slab of sea pearl and fell back in love with it and tried to incorporate that into our design. At the same time my wife found Verde Karzai that she really liked and it seems to complement the sea pearl. The plan was to put the darker green on the perimeter counters and the sea pearl on the island/bp. I am concerned though that the Verde Karzai will be too dark and that we (actually I) would tire of it soon. I would like to lighten that up but still staying green. I like Costa Esmerelda or Surf Green and think that might be a better green option for the perimeter but I'm not sure how that would go with the sea pearl - the variations in both could make them look too similar.

Any thoughts? Im curious to get input from someone who has this combo or has one or the other in combination with something else. How does it look?

Thank you

Comments (8)