SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pippiep

Trim color if Simply White is too stark?

pippiep
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I posted this in Paint, but didn't get replies. I need to decide for the kitchen this week! :)

For months now, I thought Simply White would be the right trim color for my house. I wanted that modern, crisp high-contrast look between the wall and the trim. We just painted our bathroom walls Ice Cap and the trim Simply White. I LOVE the Ice Cap, but don't like the Simply White at all.

I think I don't want such a crisp look after all. Kitchen is Weston Flax, which looks rather pastel right now.

When we were first looking, we thought Cotton Balls would be right, so we're back to that option. Or would that be just as stark as Simple White? My gut is telling me to go with Mascarpone, because the rest of the house will be warmer yellows, greens, and creams. But it definitely has a yellow cast. We want a noticeable contrast with the trim.

I'm hoping to do all the trim, doors, and wainscoting in the same color. DR top half might be Spa, Dried Parsley, Georgian Green, or similar.

Help?

ETA: I have four 8x8 sheets of each, plus my paint sample of Simply White. I also have White Dove sheets and a few other whites. I picked up the huge sheet of Mascarpone this morning.

ETA2: Hallway might end up being Calming Cream, and the LR Philadelphia Cream. My concern about the trim is that it will look dirty or dingy, which is what the current trim is like. It's a very dark, yellowed cream that reminds me of old newspaper.

Comments (5)