SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kittyjam90_6a_mich

Healthy Rugosa Buds have turned yellow again and are dying.

I have posted several other threads about this, and some of you determined it was "Bud Drop." Just wanted to share more photos--these are succumbing to the bud drop as well.

This is the second flush of blooms. First flush in early summer was very, very abundant.

These buds were all dark green and growing very well for about two weeks, until yesterday when some of them bloomed, and the rest turned yellow. These buds that turned yellow will rot and not open. This has happened to other clusters on other bushes as well.

Zone 6A, SE Mich. Had 5 weeks without rain (June 1 to June 30 or so) but have had steady moisture since. Fertilized once with a general 20/20/20 about 2 weeks ago. Regularly check for beetles. Sprayed all bushes for mites with doc bronners/cayenne three times, about 4 weeks ago, right when we moved in. Bushes get full sun.

Why are they turning yellow, while some in the same cluster are blooming? Just really strange to me, figured I would post again in case anyone else sees this with some wisdom.

Comments (7)