SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kentrees12

Video Problem

kentrees12
7 years ago

I've got a problem watching videos, mostly from YouTube, on my laptop, that's started in the last 6 months or so.

Laptop is a refurb Dell Latitude D830, OS is Windows XP. I've had for about 3 years. I use it only for surfing and watching videos, don't store anything, have close to 90% free space.

Firefox is my browser.

Internet is DSL from my dialtone provider, a local co-op.

When I access a video, I switch to full screen, watch the progress bar and don't start watching until enough content is downloaded so I can watch without buffering. If a short video, less than 20 minutes, usually no problem. But if longer, at roughly the 20 minute mark, the picture will hang, and the audio will get garbled. If I stop the video and go back a minute or 2, all goes well for a while but inevitably the video gets jerky, the voice gets out of sync, so I go back to small mode which works fine. If I go back to full screen at the 35 or 40 minute mark a repeat. This also happens listening to music, which has virtually no video, only audio. I sometimes watch live streaming news, and other than a crappy picture because of crappy internet, no problems.

Is it my computer, internet, YouTube, anyone know?

Ken

Comments (8)