SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rlh71478

Welcome to our boring bedroom! Lets decorate!

Rebecca
7 years ago

Hi Houzzers! Thanks in advance! This will be my third room to decorate with the help from you all. This is our first home and room by room sloooowly decorating. For our bedroom...I'd like to make it feel cozy, simple, with some natural feel. It's cluttered right now with furniture. My style is a mix of farmhouse, cottage, rustic and contemporary, traditional...guess you could say. I love anything on Fixer Upper show. And we are not fancy people. All furniture stays except the chest in left corner by bed and nightstand on right side of bed. Chest will be moved into spare bedroom. The bed is new...maple wood stained espresso. Dresser, chest(with tv) and floor mirror will not be replaced right now. I'd also like jewelry chest in corner to right of bed to be taken out or maybe painted. Rest of furniture will probably need to be left where it is(I think). Not many options and we like bed where it is so we can see out the door. Things I have in mind are...removing mirror off dresser and hanging some decor above, possibly finding a larger jewelry chest that could sit on dresser, curtain panels, new bedding, floating shelves for bedside(there are trays that pull out on each side but want something more to sit stuff on), maybe something to throw shoes in(if I have space), and thought about laundry basket in each corner. Just some thoughts. I've asked my husband about colors...and he'd like it to have blues and neutrals. A slate type blue or similar. Not bright blue. Would like solid blue quilt/comforter. The long walls are approx 15' and short wall with one window is just over 11'. Think I've covered most. Pics below. Thanks!

Comments (977)