SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runvswing

Travel, travel, travel___keep those wheels spinning.

Nita Foster
7 years ago

Yes, I have been keeping mike and the motor home on the road.

Last year in March our son, Shannon, moved back from the Philippines since the government contract he was working on ran out. He stayed here in Az with us for a few months and then moved on to Florida. He has cancer and has had 2 major surgeries. He still has one to go and he feels great so we are thankful for that.

We left home the last week of Oct. and went to Florida. We spent a week in my cousin, Timm's, backyard. We moved closer to the hospital Shannon was having surgery at. They were removing a large tumor from his chest. We went to the hospital everyday and spent a lot of hours with him. He was only supposed to be there for a week to 10 days and ended up being there for 5 weeks. They were having trouble controlling his blood pressure. Finally they gave him some blood and he was able to go home.

During this time we to see my mom for her birthday (she turned 91) and then had Thanksgiving with her and my step-sister. Also had my 70th birthday while there. We went back up to Timm's for a couple of weeks to be closer to Shannon and then returned to Naples for Christmas with mom and step-sister. Shannon, his wife and her daughter drove down Christmas morning and spent the night. It was the first time we had the whole family for Christmas in many years.

After New Years we went back up to Timm's and parked in his backyard for two months. He lives in Dade City and is close to a lot of things. He is a great guy and we always have fun when he is around. He also has traveled with us on many of our trips and has met several KT'ers.

Anyway we headed home the end of Feb. and got home March 7th. We tried to find a place to stay south of Houston like we usually do but there was no place to park our rig. We ended up staying at a RV Park in The Woodland's. I called Zbrat and she stopped by to visit for a half hour or so.

Sorry I got so long winded and appreciate any of you that read the whole thing. LOL

Comments (3)