SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
violet_blackwould

Would you buy expensive cacti?

Violet Blackwould
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Ha! It finally happened. I found a local vendor of "rare" succulents. Local enthusiasts were talking about him and of course I got in touch. I was shocked at the prices per plant. Very different from the "ordinary" babies I have been collecting.. And oh so bizarre and beautiful. I can help but be tempted!

My question is.. Would you buy expensive succulents if you had the opportunity?

Are these plants simply rare or are they also more difficult to keep alive? I assume they're rare because they are difficult to propagate.. Correct? Or am I being taken for a ride (haha, I have NO clue!). I know these guys are -sorta- rare simply because I never see them around. But maybe that's because of my location.. Maybe these plants are "common" where you guys are? Who knows.

I'm talking about succulents like Gymnocalycium Kikko, Euphorbia Orbesa, astrophytum Hanazono, Astrophytum Pedrera, Ariocarous Retusus, Ariocarous Fissuratus, Lophopora, Myrtillocactus Geometrizans, Cereus Forbesii Spiraliforme.. Etc etc.

Thoughts? What's the most expensive succulent you guys bought (if you don't mind me asking)?

Comments (27)