SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elunday

Fireplace part II -- what color to paint the brick?

elunday
7 years ago

Thrilling times, folks. All the tile is GONE--piled in a heap on my porch waiting for my next run to the dump.

I chipped and sanded off mortar and got it as smooth as I could, then put up a single coat of paint. I used the white I've got through the house for my trim, Sherwin Williams Extra White. I figured if I didn't like the color it would act as a layer of primer.

And I really don't like the color bright pure white. It's just too bright, too in your face:

Not great light here, sorry. The walls are SW Livable Green. The mantel and bookcase are a dark reddish stain. I've ordered corbels that will look like they are supporting the mantel and will stain them to match the rest of the wood.

What do you think? I was considering a soft, creamy very light tan, maybe SW Antique White? It needs to have enough contrast not to look dirty next to the white trim. I've thought about going with a color instead of a neutral, but I'm not convinced it would work. I was planning on curtains in a beige/light brown, so I'm leaning toward browns rather than grays.

I'll go pick up paint samples tomorrow or Saturday, but I'd love any suggestions!

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz