SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jetrash

I'm so frustrated with my Kohler Karbon!

Saida Rashid
7 years ago

Before I chose my main kitchen faucet, I did a lot of research here and was convinced by all the glowing reviews that the Karbon was "the one."

I've had it installed now for about 6 weeks and it's far from functional. Looks great though... but that wasn't why I got it.

When we first installed it, there was no flow, just a dribble. So I called Kohler and they sent me a replacement head with the higher 1.8 gpm flow rate. It's no longer a dribble but it's still much, much slower than any faucet I have ever used. I called them again, and they sent me a check valve to replace. This has made no difference to the flow. I called them again, and now they are sending me some other valve to change that goes just underneath the faucet head. I have a feeling this is not going to do much good either.

The last time I called the customer service rep, she had me check the flow of the water while she was on the phone with me. I did the test and she said that it was pretty much where it should be and explained that the flow on the Karbon is less than most other faucets. I can't believe that this is normal and that everyone is raving about this faucet being SO functional. It takes forever, to fill a pot to boil pasta. There's only one useful setting, turn it on at FULL blast - which feels like it's set on a really low flow setting - if it was any other faucet :/

I'm so disappointed. The rep kept repeating "just doing the math, just doing the math..." while she was on the phone with me and she got the math wrong a few times. Her math wasn't very good at all and I'm really hoping that she got it wrong, and that this is not normal.

So... I need a favour. Can someone who owns the Karbon (and is happy with it), please, please fill a 1.8 gallon container with their Karbon set on full and time how long it takes to fill. Mine took 140 seconds. She says the norm is 120 seconds and that its just a bit slower and no big deal.

I really need to know if this is what it is...or not.

Comments (38)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH