SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msjerseygirl

Need Supermarket Purchased Sunflowers ID Please

I couldn't resist 3 beautiful Sunflowers from my local supermarket Saturday morning. It wasn't till after I got home that I realized I forgot to ask what species they are and how tall they will get.

So 2 days in a row, I called the supermarket, and no one knew...not even the manager of the floral department. Really? WOW! I also called the greenhouse who delivers their plants, and I'm still waiting for someone to return my call...they're not even picking up the phone. ugghhhh

They really NEED to be potted today (want to put them each in pots on my deck), but need to know how tall they will be so I can use the correct size pots. They are so thirsty and have been drying out very quickly in the containers they're in, so the wind knocks them over! :( I'm watering them 2 times a day already.

They each measure 22 inches height (from bottom of pot to top of plants) and the flowers each are 5 inches across. Each plant has 5 blooms that have not opened yet.

I'm hoping there's a standard specie normally found at supermarkets so their ID will be fairly quick and easy. I'm in New Jersey. Thank you.

Comments (15)