SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

NOIDs we love

shive
7 years ago

I've noticed recently that a lot of us have daylilies we really enjoy, but we don't know their identities. I've started this thread for us to post photos of them. Maybe someone will recognize them and give us a name. Even if they don't, it's fun to see pictures of some beloved NOIDs.

Speaking of NOIDs, mine all arrived tagged as something else I purchased. Only one seller has ever been able to identify a NOID for me, and that was Bob Selman. I think it's odd these growers don't recognize the mistake plants they've sent me. They always say they don't have anything that looks like my photos of the plant. Some have acted like I'm trying to con them out of a second plant, or like I'm crazy.

Anyway, here are some NOIDs I'm crazy about:

Not Sun Temple Spirit - I planted this along my back fence with a group of lates three falls ago. But rather than being a yellow Hanson late, it's a tall lavender midseason bloomer. It's vigorous, and even in this tought season, the best scape has 20 buds. The bloom is 6 inches and the scapes vary from 36-44 inches.

The lavender NOID makes a striking clump. Check out the branching on the far right scape.

Yellow NOID - I was hoping this was Be Here Now but it's not. This must be a mistake plant for something I ordered last year. The tag is so faded, I don't know what it was supposed to be. The lemon yellow bloom is 5.75-6 inches and the scape is 22 in., likely stunted this year. The flower has a green cast and has very heavy substance like rubber. It bloomed early for me. I will definitely find a place in the garden for it.

Not Spacecoast Night Vision - Blooms are 5.5-5.75 inches. This is a dormant. It's growing in a small pot, so I don't know how tall the scapes really should be.

Your welcome to add your NOIDs here.

Debra

Comments (27)