SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deva33atlanta

Jades - considering pruning

Hello!

My jades are showing some nice growth and I am debating on pruning them.

This is my tricolor. This thing seems to like being top heavy. I did a hard prune last year and did not see any growth from the base.

here it is last year - after the regrowth from the prune. I cannot find the picture where I cut it all back.

and this was taken yesterday

If you look closely you can see all these little nubs on it, which are kinda fuzzy. I don't know what those are - if new growth is coming or perhaps that is from previous leaves that fell off.

I also don't see much growth from the trunk. I am considering cutting it back again.

And this is my "jade shelf" - I have other jades but these are the tallest and need to go on the top shelf.

Neil - if you see this, those two center plants are the cuttings I got from you! The compact had another plant fall on it during some crazy storm and had to be pruned back. It is already showing some nice growth! And the hummels is getting big too. I am considering pruning that one, but might wait until next year.

Also, for the largest one on the far right, I am pinching any and all new growth on the trunk but it keeps trying to put something out here...

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!