SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

I'm officially in the 20th century ... Help!

caroline94535
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Yes, that's the 20th century, not the 21st. I'm not ready for that yet.

We have been planning to get a flat screen TV for...ev...er. I was planning on a 32" or 42" LG. Still we had/have an excellent Sharp, 27" tube TV with a flat glass front, beautiful picture, excellent quality, etc., so why replace it?

The living room is still in flux. I can't commit to a TV stand, console, bank of lower cabinets...whatever.

We hit a yard sale yesterday. Wes knows the man; they had a 42" Sanyo flat screen for sale, $100. He gave Wes a "fellow brother in blue" discount and we hauled home our $75 TV with beautiful picture, HD, and a bunch of connections I have no idea what they are for.

Now the real problem. I'm still stuck on what wall to site the TV on, and which direction to go for a console, stand, etc.

The living area of this room is roughly 11'10" wide and almost 14' long. As you can see, the huge window takes up all the room and is silly. I begged to have it replaced with a smaller window so I could have furniture on either side, but that idea was shot down. So, here's my room. What would you do with the TV?

The paint is finished now and the construction mess is gone. This shows the far north wall, and the west wall opposite the huge window. I do not want a sofa or loveseat in front of the window.

An "under construction" photo. This is the west wall between the opening to the kitchen and the doorway into the hall. This section of wall between the two openings is 11'2" wide.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!