SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hauptmanneric

Vent-a-Hood with 36" Bluestar range with grill

Eric
7 years ago

I'm looking at purchasing a 36" Bluestar Platinum range and the salesman is trying to sell me a 600 CFM Vent-a-Hood. I was doubtful that this would be powerful enough (we plan on using the grill and wok often) to capture all the smoke/smell but he felt it would. I noticed that Vent-a-hood recommends mounting 24-27" above the range but that will be too low (I believe our local code requires 30") so I called Vent-a-Hood customer service and they informed me that mounting it higher than 27" would void their performance guarantee. Does anyone have a powerful gas range (Bluestar platinum has a 25,000 BTU and two 22,000 BTU burners) with a grill and a 600 CFM Vent-a-hood? If so, does it capture all the smoke/heat generated while cooking? I love how quiet the Vent-a-Hood is but I'm feeling that I'll need to go with an in-line blower (or external) and a different brand hood. Any feedback would be helpful. I've searched this forum but most posts are of the older Vent-a-Hood models so hoping someone recently installed a new one. Thanks

Comments (8)