SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sanlee60

Are multiple feeding stations recommended or not??

sanlee60
7 years ago

New to bluebirds! I live in a residential neighborhood in central California near Sacramento. Have lived in the same house for 30 years and have never noticed a bluebird until this year! I noticed a bluebird pair checking out an ornamental birdhouse built by my dad. The bird house has been in my yard for 10 years and I have never seen a bird land on it! They ended up nesting in the house. I quickly learned as much as I could about bluebirds. I hung a mealworm feeder and added a simple water feature. I also added three bluebird nest boxes to my backyard. After the fledglings left the “bird house” the adult pair started another nest in one of the new boxes. Those fledged a week ago and the pair have started nesting in another box!! This is all in the backyard of a residential lot. NOW THE QUESTION!!
Are multiple feeding stations ok, or should I just keep the one? The bluebird population has grown from 2 to about 6 at this point with additional nesting happening right now!! Now that I have the bluebirds in the yard, I want to make sure they stay or at least come back. Would an additional feeder(s) help??

Comments (2)