SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fillymora

Alnwick Rose vs. Carding Mill Rose for z8b NWFL?

filly_z8bFL
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi all, I am a huge DA enthusiast! And I am looking for *the last* rose in my front garden bed!! (Haha yea we all probably say this or that one is the last one...) but I won't have anymore room in that bed for any others.

I am considering alnwick or carding mill. My color scheme in that bed is filled with cream yellows and pink. I have crocus rose, molineux, golden celebration and James Galway.

The space for it is about 2 ft wide and gets about 6 hours of sun a day. I'm looking for something fairly blackspot resistant since it will be next to the worst BS one of my garden- golden celebration. I don't really like to spray unless absolutely necessary but I got some from HR if I haaaave too. I believe building the soil by fertilizing organically and letting the beneficial bugs in really is working for me as of now. My gardenias don't even get whitefly anymore!

Anyways- any info you all can provide me with your experience and recommendation for either alnwick or carding mill roses would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

here is a photo of my blank spot in front of the boxwoods, behind James Galway:

Comments (18)