SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mladensk

Looking for advice on type of tree to plant

We live in Whitby Ontario Canada which is apparently zone 5. We back onto a forested area but I would like to plant a tree in our yard. Several reasons. 1. Break up large backyard. 2. Add visual interest. 3. Block neighbours.

We we are on a pie shaped lot and our patio is at the side of the house so we don't see the neighbours. But we have taken down our above ground pool and we are deciding on what kind of sitting area.

Whatever type of tree it can't be fruit bearing because we have woodland creatures who love the bounty.

i prefer something that doesn't have fluffy things on it either. We have one out front that the town planted and it blows off white fluffy stuff everywhere.

I have 3 photos. The first is the view from the corner of the patio if we stand right at the edge. It is showing the view we want to block. We want to plant the tree between the shed and the fence. The second picture is a panoramic view from left to right with the neighbours near the far right of the view. The 3rd photo is the view from our future sitting area. The last view is from our existing patio

Comments (61)