SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnprecourt

Bird Nest in Shrub and Husband trimmed it - exposing it to elements??

lynnprecourt
7 years ago

The husband trimmed the trees and bushes in the yard and came VERY close to taking out a bird's nest he did not see. So, in effect, he ripped the roof off this bird's house! I'm not a bird lover, in fact, I don't really care for them...esp. the one that tried to nest in the garage that was VERY mean!! But, this bird seems nice and is so dedicated - and I feel terrible about this! There are 3 eggs in the nest - she sits there all day..we live in Upstate NY so the weather is unpredictable...at best. She allowed me to put a piece of cardboard in to block the wind one day? I put out a pail of water today - it was so hot and sunny. I do not know if she used it to cool off - OR if I even should have done it?

What, if anything, should I do to help in a case like this? I know not to touch anything - and my 2 boys are curious, but, are also aware they cannot touch and are sympathetic to the cause. They check often to make sure she is there - and, she always is there!

Is there anything I can do to make life easier for this bird? Without causing trouble? Thank you for all suggestions!

Comment (1)

Sponsored