SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
always1stepbehind

suggestion for teen resume with no job experience

Son is starting to look for a part-time job. He's 16, just finished 10th grade. As he's applying online for a local grocery store I'm realizing it's not "set up" for someone with no work experience. It did have a section where you could upload a resume but he obviously has no work experience to list on a resume. After the fact, I google resumes for teen with no prior job experience. It's basically listing your school info and acheivements, volunteer info, work info like pet sitting or babysitting etc etc...

My son is an average student, not involved in school clubs or school sports, probably won't be going to a 4 yr college. Right now his career choice is to become a police officer.

He's a good kid, doesn't drink or do drugs, sort of a homebody so he doesn't have a lot of outside interests to list, has played soccer on a rec team. He's worked a few days at his dad work in their warehouse, has worked for the neighbors doing vacuuming, he's helped me cleaning the office here where I work and helped me when we've watched the neighbors dog when they were out of town. I guess we could stretch some of that very limited experience.

Most resumes you list your objective related to a particular job but basically his objective to get some work experience wherever/however he can. What would be a way to generalize that?

Or would he need to list an objective and just have a resume that lists as much info about him?

Comments (21)