SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
knightzerox90

Wall Mount Faucet Heigh with medicine cabinet mirrors

knightzerox90
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi,

I'm having a new home built but am running into a design problem with my master bath. The bathroom is mean to have three 2'x3'x medicine cabinet mirrors over a long vanity set at 36". the issue is that I'm doing two wall mount faucets with an under mount sink over each. The vanity is divides with two sinks on either end and a knee space in the center where the middle mirror will line up.

I've decided that I would place the wall mount 7.5" above the countertop, and then put the bottom of the mirror 2.5" above that center point. This should give about 2" of space above the actual fixture to the start of the mirror.

I think this is a good compromise, but I'm not sure if I should move it lower because when sitting at the knee space, it's possible that only your neck and head will show and some shoulder, or if your 5', just your head.

I have 32" vanities in my master bath now and I do find them a bit short and I've heard 36" is the new standard and more comfortable which I agree. Since I'm not doing a full mirror from top to bottom it's hard to tie all these together. I've provide a few pictures to help visualize the space. The two black bars are at 5' and 6' to scale, and the grey box is 6 inches in height. The white dot is centered at 7.5". The red bars are linen closets, blue spots are width of sink space, pink is empty knee space, and green blocks are cabinet drawers on each side. The linen closets go to 8' in height.

Comments (6)