SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caterwallin

Blue Vitex

caterwallin
7 years ago

Some years back I had gotten some blue vitex/chaste tree seeds from a seed exchange that people on the forum were participating in. My seeds germinated and I planted two bushes here at our place. I don't know if I didn't plant them at a good spot (I thought I did though) or what but after a couple years the one died, and now this year the second one has failed to make an appearance, so I'm assuming that they're both dead now. Neither of them got very big, and I'm not sure if the butterflies were interested in them or not. I would like to know if anyone here has had any experience with this kind of bush and if it it needs special care. Were the butterflies attracted to it there? I'm trying to decide if I want to try locating more seeds of this plant and start more or if the butterflies aren't even attracted to it. I had seen it at a local nursery at least five years ago and thought that the flowers were such a pretty blue. I would have bought it, but they wanted $25 for it and it was only about a foot tall and not in a very big pot. If it would have been maybe $15, I probably would have bought it.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!