SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldworldroses

Repeat flowering: Jasmina vs Laguna

oldworldroses z6aSW OH
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I've removed a New Dawn rose from near my porch which has pale colored stone pillars. I would love to have input on repeat flowering for lLaguna vs Jasmina. I love the pink and cupped form of Jasmina as well as the flexible canes but I'm afraid it may get lost against the pale stone as ND did ( not to mention ND's thuggishness). So the more assertive color of Laguna may possibly work better.

I absolutely would prefer a good repeat: maybe not quite the spring flush but not a sparse repeat since it will be in a very visible spot.

in reading older posts, it seems like there were complaints about the repeat bloom of Laguna ( and some complaints about Jasmina for the same reason). I did read reviews on helpmefind: not that helpful.

i am aware of the need to wait for maturity of climbers so I'm looking for eventual repeat (3-4 years). Not worried about cane hardiness.

I was originally going to put in a Viking Queen but hesitated because of the light pink blooms ( I don't know why I seem to keep going back to the same colors.)

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting