SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_24200779

When in rose season does Lavender Lassie begin flowering?

User
6 years ago

Is Lavender Lassie an early,mid,or late-season bloomer? Trying to "orchestrate" one's plantings in such a way as to provide a constant stream of bloom from the beginning to the end of rose season is very difficult because not much info is available about exactly when in roses season does a given variety bloom. I don't remember where I saw it on-line, but I suspect it might have been on the Vintage Gardens website (o how I miss that!!!). I think Gregg was writing about pruning season, and he spoke of starting with certain classifications first because they opened earlier, as a general rule (just as an example, it was something along the lines of"floribundas tend to open later than Bourbons" ,though that is NOT what he wrote; I'm just making that up as an example.). Now for y'all in the US moving roses around maybe is not such a big deal, because you don't have to worry about Rose Replant Syndrome, but here in Europe we must be more careful. My potted LLassie is ready to go out,and I have a spot in mind, but I think I'd like something early-ish there,so if it tends to be later, maybe another spot would be indicated. My garden is in Tuscany, Italy, very dry, hot, early summers,about a zone 8. Comments from all are most welcomed and encoureaged.

Comments (16)