SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eliasgrace

Minimum dishwasher cut-out???

eliasgrace
7 years ago

Ok you guys, sorry for obsessing over my countertop heights...but have to ask one last question about this.

I am planning to install two Miele dishwashers that have a minimum cut-out height of 33 3/4" -- and I also want to have the lowest possible countertop height that would accommodate these DWs (I'm a shorty). However, we are also planning to age-in-place and stay in this house for the next 20 yrs plus. During this time, I'm assuming I will be replacing the dishwashers at some point, but hopefully not the cabinets. As such, I want to make sure my counters will accommodate future dishwashers with possibly taller minimum cut-out requirements. After a casual search of other dishwashers that I might consider for replacement, I've found that the highest cut-out requirement to be 34 1/4" (Bosch benchmark). Would it be safe to have my counter height set at 35 1/2" (34 1/4" cutout plus 1 1/4" countertop) or do I need to set it higher, like 35 3/4" or 36" for more wiggle room? I would be happy to stay with the Miele DWs forever, but don't know if they will increase their cut-out requirements at some point down the line.

Thank you for indulging this neurotic GWer! Really appreciate all your help.

Comments (8)