SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
m_gabriel

Layout Question re: Range placement

m_gabriel
7 years ago

Please ignore the wall cabinets - still a work in progress. My main dilemma is where to put the range. Are there compelling reasons why either placement is better than the other? I like the sleek look of the range along the wall with the frig but I think the space is going to allow only for 15" pantry cabinets once I get the spacing reviewed. If it was along that frig wall, there is a chance I could opt to add a real exhaust up through the master bedroom closet. Code does not require it. There is also a gas water heater on the other side of that wall which opens the possibility of adding a gas line. I feel like the workflow would be better with the range along the back corner wall and out of the way. Then, I could have bigger pantries and use the space beside the frig as a prep area. Our current layout is so horrible that either of these would be a huge improvement but I'd like to take the time to get it as good as possible. Door to the rear of the kitchen will be a barn door that will mostly be open, leading to an office/homework/computer area. Thank you for your ideas - I have learned a lot from reading through other people's dilemmas! (Third photo is a duplicate - can't see how to delete it.)

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!