SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
viclee97

First citrus tree - Moro blood orange!

Victoria
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi everyone! This is my first post, but I've been following the forums for several months.

I inherited my love for fruit trees from my mom. (She has several fruit trees, but she's proudest of her guava trees.) This year, I finally bought a tree of my own! Since we're renting a house that already has lemons on the lot, I thought I'd try my hand at a blood orange tree.

This picture was taken the day I bought it, at the beginning of April.

I repotted based on Josh's (greenman28) Moro blood orange post a couple weeks later. (Thank you, Josh!)

And now, two months after I bought it, there's finally new growth! Here's a picture from last week:

And here's a picture from today:

I'm so happy to see new growth! Initially I was only using water, but I've been using DynaGro Foliage Pro with each watering since I purchased it several weeks after repotting. In the last two weeks, I've begun adding vinegar as well. The tree currently gets full sun from around 9:30am-3pm, which may not be ideal, but it's in the best spot we have for it.

I have a couple of concerns: new growth has only appeared on that one branch, and there's yellowing of the bottom leaves (which may just be due to age?).

Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you!

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH