SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catcath73

African violet propagation by seed and leaf

7 years ago

Hello everyone, my name is Catherine and I am new to this forum. I live near Montréal, Canada, and I am no gardening pro, but I love to live around plants, and experiment with them. Some people are compulsive shoe buyers... I love to buy plants! I am presently growing Mango and date seeds just for fun, but AV are my true and real new vegetal... obsession!

I recently bought 1 package of fantasy AV from Mr. Nadeau online. I am sharing a picture of the microseedlings on day 11. So far, I can count around 30 of them... not so bad! I chose to experiment with seeds just because I find it fascinating that these tiny, tiny dusty things can grow into mature AV... I also love the surprise factor: each plant Will be unique, and nature forces me to wait many months to see the results!

Here are the seedlings on day 11:

For this propagation experiment, I also bought a few leaves, again online, from Bloomlovers. I chose varieties that intrigued me, colours and shapes that can't be found at supermarkets around here. For AV Affectionados, here are the ones I chose: Chantaspring, Gunnaroo, Neptune, Blue Mint, Emergency, Arapahoe and Red Robe.

I know I have to be patient to see the babies Come out. I read anything from 2 months to a year, right?

Here they are:

Since I really enjoy reading posts with pictures on plant propagation and evolution, I guess I am not the only one! I will Come back here to show you my babies !

Comments (13)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus