Do you drive around for specials?
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (74)
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
Do You Do Anything Special For Valentine's Day?
Comments (11)On her birthday I was going to make a cake for Jan, basically because I wanted to play around at decorating a cake, but she shot that idea down saying it wasn't on her diet... Well diet be damned, I am gonna make her a valentines cake complete with red roses on it, and if she don't like it, I guess I will have to eat it to,,,,but I am going to make it anyway....See MoreWhat do you drive in winter weather?
Comments (41)I drive the same thing winter and summer. My 2002 Hyundai Sonata. Years ago when front-wheel drive first came out, I was driving a Camaro. Stupid thing would get stuck on a newspaper! Hated that car. Got rid of that thing after owning it a year. I bought a front-wheel drive car, and it would churn through anything. Have driven front wheel drives since. All cars, no SUV's or anything fancy. In my dreams I would like an SUV, but funds are limited. My car is still running fine, with 290,000 KM on it. I just got it checked for my bi-annual Drive Clean and it passed. This post was edited by jasdip on Tue, Aug 6, 13 at 9:02...See MoreDo you drive 2 footed?
Comments (85)I learned stick and have even driven older cars without synchronized gears that required double clutching. Have driven in mountains and in tight steep twisties. Have driven stick in heavy San Francisco traffic on hills. Never have I used the left foot to engage the brake. At one time I had hoped to race cars. Never got to but it was on the list. ;-( A guy who raced taught how me heel toe downshift. Again right foot does the work. It's also a pet peeve of mine that people don't seem to be taught or bother to learn how to slow an engine by gearing down. Yes this applies to automatic trannies too. They are the ones riding the brakes over the hill, braking in the middle of the turn and doing sundry other things endangering my life and that of others on the highway....See MoreDo you do anything special to boost your immunity?
Comments (24)Sounds like it could be thyroid. On the other hand, I have my thyroid checked every six months now that I take thyroid supplements, (it's fine) and my immune system was crap this winter even though I did every thing imaginable. As for herbs and vitamins, be careful. You may be taking a placebo, very difficult to determine if the active ingredient in the supplement is actually present. Most of the time I doubt it. Would be best to grow your own, but even then, chemical composition varies. With vitamins, it is whether your body can even absorb what you are taking, many things cancel each other out, like asprin/acetominophin and vit. C, for just one example. Calcium and iron for another. Same with foods, vitamin content can drop dramatically when they've bee sitting around or upon cutting them open, etc. Other than what has been mentioned, (hydration, CLEAN humidifier, hand washing, etc.) with the cautionary note about "caveat emptor" (know your sources, freshness, interactions, etc.) another supplement I have had good luck with is lysine. Lastly, lots of sleep, a diet RICH in whole foods, lots of fruits and vegetables, and SOUP. I don't know if soup makes the vitamins in the ingredients extra absorbable or what, but soup along with other hot liquids helped me finally expel the last of the flu lingering in my lungs. I got a flu shot but it didn't stop the flu from laying me low for two months. Vit. D helps too during the low sunshine times, but it is tricky to get it absorbed. Stay away from alcohol....See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Stories

FALL AND THANKSGIVINGSimple Pleasures: Celebrate Fall With These Special Traditions
Enjoy a meaningful autumn with seasonal ideas for decorating, cooking and entertaining
Full Story
ECLECTIC HOMESHouzz Tour: Renovation Gives Toronto Family a Special Gift
Their purchase of a fixer-upper pays off years later with a remodel that tailors the home to their needs
Full Story
HOME TECHThe Inevitable Future of Drones Around Your Home
As Google joins the push for airborne deliveries, it seems only a matter of time before neighborhoods are buzzing with drones. Is that OK?
Full Story
TRAVEL BY DESIGN11 Amazing Home-Away-From-Home Tree Houses Around the World
Go climb a tree — and spend the night. Tree house hotels and lodges are booming as exotic vacation alternatives
Full Story
LIFEDo You Believe in Luck Around the House?
Broken mirrors, spilled salt, an unavoidable ladder — superstitions don't seem to affect this homeowner. Knock wood
Full Story
MATERIALSWoodipedia: Maple Is a Marvel Around the House
A heavy hardwood with lots of potential, maple appeals to modern sensibilities and won't break your budget
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDESHouzz Tour: A Drive in the Country Ends in a Remodel
A couple out for a spin find a cottage with untapped potential. Their redo highlights lovely views and midcentury charm
Full Story
ARCHITECTUREThe Hidden Factors Driving Your Home's Design
Before you can talk aesthetics on a new build or remodel, you've got to open the floor to rules and requirements
Full Story
MOTHER’S DAYWhat to Do for Mom Around the House on Mother’s Day
Show appreciation for your mother and make her day extra special with these ideas
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESWorld of Design: Decorating Ideas From 10 Renters Around the Globe
Even if you don’t own your home, you can live beautifully. Browse these ideas from international tenants who’ve made their spaces special
Full StorySponsored
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths


blfenton