SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missouribound

We reworked our plans and think this will work

missouribound
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Do you see anything that should be reworked before we go any further? Passive solar isn't going to work for the layout we want and the location of the house on the land. Where we live, cooling is a lot more important than heating. If we go with a steel building, the walls will be about 10" thick, with insulation in the roof as well as between the main floor and attic and in the stair walls. Windows in the attic and central stairs will help with cooling too. We had that in another house and it worked well to pull hot air out.

The car garage will double as breezeway, kind of like the old dog trot houses. I'm trying to decide whether to put any windows from the house into that part.

Someday we will finish part of the attic, but for now it will just be storage. There is room in the guest room for dh's office.

There are 9' walls on main floor except the hall and closet areas marked with a white box which will be chase for ductwork. Ideally, all the plumbing would be close together, but I think it's more important to have as little ductwork as possible.

I've figured floor space at 1369 and can't figure out how to save any more space.

Comments (27)