SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurie_basler

Lucky Bamboo gift from work, in h20 tiny pot

Laurie (8A)
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I have been given these braided Lucky bamboo plants several times over the years, almost always at Xmas gift exchanges. The pot on this years model is 2 inches high by 2 by 3. The plant is around 14 inches high. As for it's condition, it looks great. Nice color, no fading on the foliage to the yellow jaundice they seem to get.

My question is what are others wiser than I doing with these water pots long term. It is very easy to keep water forever present in this tiny pot. I am right at a west window, with a window slightly tinted. I don't think the plant could be any easier or any healthier, but,,,,,,,,as I walk thru the building it is clear this is a go to xmas gift among coworkers, and the plants are usually yellowed, in murky disgusting vases and no new leaves, Just tired looking slightly jaundiced foliage. To be honest, they bore the heck out of me. Has anyone potted one in dirt. Would that help the plant remain healthy. I have just never seen an older Lucky Bamboo plant that you could have paid me to have to care for for years and years.

Advice, or tell me I can throw it over the fence. :) Thanks all

Laurie B

Comments (2)