SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jab919

I'd be grateful for help with our kitchen layout!

jab919
7 years ago

This board is amazing! I'm hoping for some epiphanies about redoing the tiny kitchen in our (also small) Cape Cod.

There's currently a wall separating the dining room and the kitchen, which we're planning to knock down, and a separate breakfast nook area in the center of the house (one wall of which has the door to the basement). I'm told the wall between the breakfast nook and the current kitchen would be very expensive to remove.

I'm attaching the two plans we've gotten so far. Both have the fridge moved to the breakfast nook, next to the basement stairs. I'm not crazy about this but can't really see where else to put it given the layout. Storage is also a concern, though we're planning to put cabinets on the other wall of the breakfast nook, and we've got a fairly decent pantry area in the basement that can hold less frequently used tools.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on the below or other ideas - we've been talking about doing this for so long but just seem to be re-treading the same ground. Family of five - kids are preschool/young elementary. Don't need to have (nor do I think we can fit) seating at the island. Many thanks in advance.

Comment (1)