SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rococogurl

Finding a Great Front Loader for mamaP - Your Input Appreciated

rococogurl
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Mamapinky has decided to look at front loaders, as you've likely seen on the other thread. Thanks to Larsi, who kicked off the search with a nice Duet, there is a general direction.

Mama and I had a talk last night. My idea is to research the options, read the reviews and comments, then fine it all down so she has some targeted machines to go look at and then she can decide. Hope you all will weigh in and help second guess.

As some of you may know, I'm a bit of a digger when it comes to info. I've offered to help target the list but even though I've owned 3 of the 4 compact Euro front loaders, I know nothing about non-compact front loaders.

We need some candidates. A few minutes of looking this a.m. tells me that manufacturers configure models for different types of users. Fex some are configured for heavy duty users but lack things like wool & delicate.

So mamapinky please list below what are your must-haves?

So far, my understanding includes:

4.3 capacity

onboard heater with allergen/sanitize cycles

good reviews

reliable

serviceable if needed

service/parts warranty available in her area

But options with different models include and we need yes/no to these to focus further.

seperate rinse cycle? yes/no

wool and delicate? yes/no

prewash? yes/no

soak? yes/no

What other option is important?

So far, looks like a Whirlpool Duet is at the top of the list. But there are many models and the reviews can vary a lot between those. So far I've seen 3 models with a wide swing in the reviews on Amazon and Home Depot.

With reviews, I look for large numbers. F.ex. the Whirlpool Duet 4.3 WFW87HEDW with integrated heater, allergen & steam, 9 cycles I believe has 544 reviews on HD with 428 giving 5 stars and 82 4 stars and the low reviews are small numbers. So for me, this looks like a good prospect. I haven't read all the questions and all the reviews -- could use some help with that if anyone wants to bore in.

Downside of this is that there does not appear to be a Rinse Only cycle.

Does anyone own the Duet WFW87HEDW? Anything similar with Rinse cycle to?

Then there are the Electrolux EFLS617 series. I've been picking through these and each has a different emphasis. If owners with this series would please comment it would be helpful.

More to come after mamap tells us what she feels are her must-haves.

Anyone who wants to lend a hand with researching this, and you guys who know these brands really well, please comment as you have been doing.

The goal is to get a short list with the pros/cons of each choice.

TIA!

Comments (156)