SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dsd2682

Mislabeled Austins at local lowes for $10.99

SoFL Rose z10
7 years ago

I stopped by my local lowes to check out their roses as they sometimes have nice Kordes roses or other good varieties tha t are not common in our area ( I found First Crush and Summer Romace recently for example).

i saw this very bushy rose with beautiful pale yellow blooms in the OGR style that I love and when I looked at the tag it read Spartain and had a pic of a very hybrid tea looking rose in bright/deep yellow that looked nothing like the bloom I was looking at in real life.

i just shrugged and decided I would buy it because I liked the look of the bloom despite the obvious mislable.

When I put it in my cart however I noticed it had another tag, a familiar looking tag and when I looked closely it read "Charlotte" on an authentic DA tag.

after looking at the others in the lot I realized they were all Austins with mislabled that read Gene Borener and Sunsprite but they were in fact Austins. Some still had the correct tags deep in the soil. Most had just finished blooming so they were impossible to ID.

After much searching I came up with 2 Huntington Roses, 2 queen of Sweden's, 2 charlottes, 3 scepter d'isles and one Winchester Cathedral that were clearly marked with Authentic DA tags and about 15 others which weren't marked but were clearly Austins. I paid $10.99 for each rose and could not be more thrilled. I can't wait to see what other varieties I scored on this run. One seems to be Scarborough Fair. The others only time will tell. I'm so happy I feel like I found buried treasure.

TLDR found Austin Roses labled as something else for $10.99

Comments (63)