SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jjpeace

Mr. Lincoln vs Erotica vs Othello

I need to buy a few roses to replace the ones who didn't make it last winter. I wanted to buy a good red rose since I've lost my only two true red rose Ingrid Bergman and Drop dead red a few years ago. Ideally I wanted to buy firefighter but I've come across these three roses at my local nursery. I've yet to look at other nurseries but I was wondering if anyone has any good experience with these roses in a similar zones as mine.

I do have Othello but it doesn't do much in my garden and this year seems to be struggling "a lot". I do love the flower (and may I point out one flower that I've ever got) but I have come across very healthy bushes at this nurseries. Of course D.A. roses are hard to come by where I live so I am tempted to try again.

My instinct tells me Mr. Lincoln is a good choice since it has been around a long time. However, there are different opinion about the awkward lankiness of the bush.

In my area, blackspots is an issue later in the season. I don't get too much mildew but it does appear in some seasons. Please let me know your experience with these roses and whether I should look for firefighter instead.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH