SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cornsnake_girl

Cool-Decking flaking and chipping off

cornsnake_girl
7 years ago

We had about 1/3 of our deck (natural shaped lagoon pool) done in Cool-Decking and the rest that is about 18" wide separates the pool from the gravel and plants, no one walks on it, of the outline of the pool in stamped concrete. The Cool-Deck is starting to look like crap. I think I can pick off what is hanging over the pool and some near the pool itself, I think the water over the years got under these areas and caused it to lift the Cool-Deck.

There is a woman who sells the Cool-Deck product to Shasta and they gave me her number and I haven't even called to talk to her so I may be jumping the gun here, but what is the process to remove and then treat and repaint the Cool-Deck paint? We are sort of tight on money so I would love to DIMS but if it requires serious chemicals I have no problem bringing in someone for that part. I would just like to be the one who gets the flaky stuff off. My husband calls me a "picker", I am always picking a fuzzy off of a cat, skin if it gets flaky, my husband's chest hair (I thought it was a loose hair hanging out of his shirt! I SWEAR!!!) so this is a job right up my alley.

Any thoughts?

Comment