SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilylchen

How to make surround sound speakers less lame looking

lilylchen
7 years ago

OK, kid's clutter aside, how do I make the speakers for surround sound system look less choppy?

I'm bummed because my husband just replaced our TV and the old one had this nice speaker bar that ran the length of the bottom and we had the two side speakers on the ground next to the cabinet.

This one just looks lame. I hate the notion of having this small box below the TV because it makes it look unbalanced/top/heavy/whatever. (I know - TV is mounted, so it's not really a problem logically/physically. But I still believe it should look like it's stacked properly. I went to great lengths to find a console that was wider than the TV, and now I'm running out of length with this one. )

He said we can replace these for something else, but unless something comes with the TV, it's just not going to be the same size.

Should we mount the side speakers along the top edge of the TV? Maybe even put in a dummy speaker along the bottom and line up the bottom speakers to the ends?

Anyone ever paint a black rectangle around the TV, so the speakers and TV and all "square" up.

Comments (21)