SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brooks2011

Open floor plan, can I mesh two different colored crown moldings?

brooks2011
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I am in the middle of a whole house reno. I wanted to paint the kitchen cabinets and the attached crown gray, but the kitchen opens to the living room, which will have white box paneling and also white crown like the rest of the house. There is a corner where the two rooms meet (a recessed bar niche between the living/kitchen. I don't love the idea of two colors of painted crown meeting up, is there a good way to do this? Or does anyone have a picture of a similar situation? I have seen stained cabs/meeting with painted and that looks ok but two different paints seems like a bad idea. I can't seem to find any photos of this situation.

Kitchen is the the right, bar niche to the left with the pretty white pipe running through it, living to the far left. (Dining is through the cased opening with window)

My current thought is to do the bar area cab/crown white and extend the white over the tiny bit of wall between that and the kitchen. Then the gray kitchen cabs would start on that wall to the left of the wires.

Thank you!

Comment