SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
forshoppingonline

Are there really only THREE low divide, 60/40 double sinks out there?

Pink Poppy
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I've narrowed down what I'd like for my new sink. I know I want:

• A double sink
  • 60/40 split
  • A low divide in the middle

I really love how a 60/40 split and low divide gives me the division I want from a double AND the option to fill it right up and use like a large single bowl.

I've scoured the web and GW and can only seem to find three sinks:

1. Blanco Performa
  2. Elkay Gourmet Lustertone
  3. Kohler Iron/Tones (it's not 60/40 though - more close to 70/30)

Are there any other options available? I started out thinking I'd only ever get a SS sink. It's what I'm used to and I feel safe with it because I know how to use/care for it. But, only the Elkay comes in SS and I don't love the look of it and the basins are not as large as I'd like.

The Blanco Performa seems the best fit for my needs (and it's the prettiest one too!) I'm worried about its depth though - 10" is quite low down. I don't have back issues and I'm quite short so it shouldn't be a huge problem. But DH is taller than me and has back issues. I've also got to take into account the wider middle on it. I'll have to consider the various options to accommodate that (do I want to bump out the sink cabinet, or install the faucet handle in front vs to the side?)

I've read lots of very positive reviews on the Blanco so I'm most likely going to go with it. But, I want to be sure these really are my only three options.

Comments (21)