SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mbf62966

Ornamental grass suggestions for zone 6

Byron Followell
7 years ago

My wife and I are planning to add to our landscaping. At the back corner of our pool patio is a retaining wall. Our privacy fence comes around this corner as well. The very corner has a decent amount of space but the sides are pretty narrow. There's not enough room for grass to really do much and you can't properly take care of it if it grows. We're outlining all 400 feet of privacy fence with steel landscape edging and will fill underneath the fence, and out to about 10 inches from either side with blue trap rock. In the corner I mentioned we were hoping to put some plants and we're leaning towards some sort of ornamental grass. The left-hand side of the corner only has about 7 inches between the concrete patio and the fence. The right-hand side has 18 inches between the concrete and the fence. Like I said, the corner has a decent amount of space.

Any ideas/suggestions for zone 6 plants to put in this area? Any type of plants that may do fine in the limited amount of space available up the sides leading into the corner? I really have no idea how much room the various ornamental grasses need.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
More Discussions