SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happygrandparent_gw

Ornamental Grass, Zone 7a

happygrandparent
17 years ago

Because of our physical problems we need to use seeds to plant.

We're looking for an ornamental grass that's a perennial. I really like the looks of Little Dot (Miscanthus Sinensis. Need grass grows about 5-6 ft tall, non-invasive, non-poisonous, to go around our yard (fenced) to act as a barrier for privacy (have cyclone fence & dogs bark when they see someone-hoping this will help some), 125 ft X 125 ft X 125 ft..

If possible, we also need something like Pennyroyal (perennial) to help with fleas, etc. (we back up to an unused area of a cemetery & it's wooded, etc.), the least amount of flowers on the plants the better, because of insects & lots of bees. But need something that's non-poisonous, as our dogs will eat them. If we cannot located something in seeds that will work weÂll just continue to having the place sprayed a few times per year.

Have spent hours on the Internet & when I find something I think will do, and then find out it's either invasive or possibly poisonous. We don't want to make a mistake & have to do it over again as physically we're not able to consistently be planting.

Do you have any suggestions what to purchase?

Comment (1)