SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arialvetica

How dark to stain cabinets w/ Alaska White granite?

arialvetica
7 years ago

I'm deciding among 3 colors for our cabinets. Shaker-style doors w/ slab drawers. The overall look of the house is kind of modern eclectic.

The darkest color definitely has the most drama, but I worry it might be too dark for a kitchen without direct sunlight, so I'm drawn toward the medium color. The lightest color is what we're using for all of our bathrooms.

Here are the 3 colors (Oregano, Cappucino, Mocha) against our slab.

Here's the floor plan overview.

Here's the latest cabinet layout, as drawn-up by our cabinet guy, with our slab photoshopped onto it. We're going with slate appliances.

Here's a picture of the unstained/unsteamed american walnut (pic is from our previous home) -- the wood will run perpendicular to the cabinets.

Here's a picture of the kitchen today, to get an idea of the amount of light we're dealing with. Lots of windows, but mostly indirect light. Kiddo is standing approximately where the fridge will go. It's like she already knows...

A few other elements I've settled on... two of these for the island pendants:

These pulls, either nickel or oil rubbed bronze, whichever looks best w/ the cabinet colors we choose.

Belwith Hickory 128mm Greenwich Stainless Steel Cabinet Pull P3371-SS Hardware · More Info

Comments (28)