SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brianadarnell_gw

Almost Finished- Light and Dark Kitchen with White Alaska Granite

brianadarnell
12 years ago

First of all, thank you to everyone who contributed so much to this kitchen. I learned so much and made so many wise decisions because of information I gained on this site. I found this site just as our new build construction began and was able to utilize all of the wonderful information into my kitchen design for function, even though I already knew exactly how I wanted the kitchen to look.

We ended up completing the house project ourselves so finalizing the kitchen and getting settled has taken some time. Hosting Thanksgiving for 14 was a major catalyst in the effort to at least get our main floor permanently decorated. Now the only thing missing is the barstools!

from the great room

Side by Side Refrigerator- Love it. I hated the previous french door refrigerator we had. So happy to go to the side by side.

Angled Corner cabinet- I know these aren't popular, but the storage is fabulous for all of our stemware.

Cabinet on the back of the island- its amazing how much fits under there!

Microwave cabinet- Since we don't use the microwave that often, I'm glad we hid it. With our open floor plan, I didn't want it visible from the great room and dining room except when in use.

5 Piece Drawer Heads- these were an upgrade, but I love the way they look.

Drawers, Drawers, Drawers- Love them! I had a lot of drawers in our old house and went with all drawers this time except for the sink base and the corner susan.

Pantry- Custom designed the shelf layout.

Lower Corner Cabinet-

Lights-

Dining Room Table- just off the kitchen. Thanks for your help on selecting the table. It was delivered just a few days before Thanksgiving. It has one more leaf that we take out for everyday use.

Some details:

Kitchenaid Appliances-

Refrigerator: KSC525MVMK

Wine Cooler: KURG24RWBS

Dishwasher:KUDE40FXSS panel ready

Range: KDRS467VSS

Lights: International Lighting 23341057 London Mist Four Light Seedy Glass Bell Pendant

Backsplash- Horus Cristalli Crackle Subway in Bianco

Knobs and Pulls: Alno Creative Inc knobs:ALN56206 1 1/4" / pulls 3 1/2" cup pulls solid brass in barcelona finish ALN56510

Faucet- Moen Brantford in Stainless

Disposal- Insinkerator Evolution Series

Sink- Blanco Silgranit in Biscuit with Offset drain Diamond Single Basin #440196

Granite- White Alaska/Delicatus

Cabinets- Brookhaven in Antique White for Perimeter and Matte Brown with black glaze for the island. Door style is edgemount recessed

Floors- 5" wide white oak quartersawn vertical grain with glitza (no stain)

Comments (72)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz