SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
just_janni

Counter dilemma - need advice - Bread Bakers!

just_janni
7 years ago

Kitchen plan attached - we've made some revisions based on feedback here but have not had them drafted onto the house plans - just in the kitchen cabinet plan - but the "space" stayed the same. One notable change - the seating area is at the opposite end of the island.

I am a novice bread baker. I am about a year into it and I am LOVING the process. I feel that the stress from work melts away as I wait for bread to rise. (Maybe it helps me not be a control freak - because you can't rush yeast!)

Anywho - watching some (addictive) King Arthur Flour videos and I am lusting after a partial butcher block countertop. The questions is WHERE???

A - technically in the pantry - but it's out of the way and could allow for kneading / rolling / flouring / rising. The downside is that we don't have a sink in there. But I could walk around and wipe it down with a sponge, etc.

B - Kinda same as A - but feels a little more connected to the kitchen and perhaps easier to wipe off. The notable downside is it would change that space into 2 disparate materials and think it would look goofy

C - the most "usable" but not thrilled with chunking out a piece of the island - I don't want to deal with the seaming, breaking up the plane, and leaving a mess "front and center"

Thoughts?

Wacky idea - to the right of the kitchen is a large utility room / laundry / dog room - I could put it in there - but that's kinda gross (never mind)

Comments (23)