SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nyrfangirl

Countertop Dilemma -- Quartz or Quartzite?

Laura
8 years ago

I am nearing the end of a major kitchen renovation (which includes lots of features/design elements based on the wonderful advice I read here) and I need to choose my countertops. I am doing white Wood-Mode cabinets, with a walnut island and walnut beverage center/bar. I have been to multiple granite yards numerous times and I absolutely love Fantasy Brown and other similar slabs. But...we are not a careful or neat family. I have four boys (ages 7,7,10 and 13) who can be rather like Neanderthals when they eat. And I am not the best about cleaning up spills right away either. We entertain a lot and it would not be unheard of for red wine spills or a lime to be left on the countertop overnight. I have always had granite in the past but this time I really want something with linear movement and it just doesn't seem like I am going to find a stone with the look I want that is durable...I had never considered quartz because I love the idea of having natural stone but I was just on the Cambria website and they have a new Oceanic collection that seems like it has the type of movement I am looking for. I just ordered samples of two of the colors -- Oakmoor and Brtittanica. Has anyone here used any the Cambria Oceanic collection? Do you like it? I am worried that I will regret not getting real stone, but this seems like it may be the best alternative. If you have Quartz how do you like it? Thoughts?

Thanks!

Comments (6)