SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wantonamara

Garden and field walk

The prairie Brazoria is multiplying from the two I saw a couple of years ago. The Blanket flower is from a friend on the forum and is slowly getting a nice purchase. It is redder than the normal gaillardia around here. I want MORE and MORE.

Looking down my dirt road. The clay stops right about where the shadow is . This galliardia does not like the caliche of the Brackett soils but loves the red clay Adobe soil.

Calylophus berlandieri sip. pinifolius by Agave striata that never dies (so far) just flowers and meristem pups.

I love the black dots in the center and the cute black stamens. I think it is lying to the bugs trying to make them think the flower is occupied.

I hope the Purple goosenecked loosestrife blooms long enough to be accompanied by the Standing cypress in the background. The poppies were collected on a walk in the maritime Alps. Does that sound too snobby? It was a beautiful day with my sisters and every spring I am taken back to that day. That day gets reborn every spring. The free indistinct mass is a larval food for a swallow tail. They are covered with small cats. Soon they should break into a froth of small white flowers. I don't know there name. They are wild . Came with the land.

This area has solid hard limestone not far under the soil line. I dug out the marl and replaced it with granite sand and compost. I hope that the calylophus and scutelerias that I planted take off this year. They were slow last year. I planted more of the loosestrife seedlings on the edge of the white artemisia 'Valery Finnis". I am hoping their spires will poke through the white artemisia as it expands every year. I cut it back in the winter and then it grows outwards. We will see. Gardeners plans don't always work out as planned. Here is another shot.

And now a memory from an easter past from my mother in law

Comments (14)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional