SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alaurad

London Sky Countertops by Zodiaq??

alaurad
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hello! Has anyone seen London Sky installed, or in person (other than small sample)? I am trying to match BM White Dove Cabinets. I love this countertop but wondering if it will read grey, or white? Looks super realistic, like marble. TIA

Comments (435)

• htc2015
    6 years ago

@ldecor54, Color tone can be subjective and slabs vary. Maybe taupe to some is grey to me? You saw your slabs and liked them. Enjoy! Still love my LS island every single day!

• soldiersgirl0618
    6 years ago

Ok cleaning London sky help!! We have had the quartz installed since February. I have 3 kids so they get quite dirty I have used soap and water, method granite cleaner, and a homemade vinegar and essential oil cleaner. It always has smudge or streek marks though. I know it is more matte of a finish compared to some shiney quartz... What do you guys use?

• Stephanie E
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I use Better Life All Purpose Cleaner (non-toxic & natural, and it's usually $4.99 on Target.com) for everyday cleaning. It's awesome, smells nice, and give me peace of mind that it's truly safe. Search "Better Life Cleaner" on YouTube for videos of the products. I HIGHLY recommend it. Doesn't leave streaks.

And if there is a stain from marker or something, it usually comes out with Bar Keepers Friend Soft Cleanser. There was a rust stain that was in my counter that I found right after installation that came out with Bar Keepers Friend. Awesome stuff.

• nathanmarconi
    6 years ago

Put london sky in our kitchen reno. We love it! We used 2x6 ceramic tiles from Fireclay (French Linen).

• sejshouse
    6 years ago

Beautiful!!

• K Silk
    6 years ago

Here is another slab photo. It is showing much more grey in the photo than in real life. I was a little worried about the stripe effect in this slab but my counter installer was able to map it in a way that really diminished the repeated stripe in the photo.

• Dana Clark
    6 years ago

Nathanmarconi - what color paint did you use above the window and doorway. Love your kitchen. Backsplash looks beautiful.

• nathanmarconi
    6 years ago
    Thanks! It’s BM Stonington Gray
  • cvkonkol
    6 years ago

Nathanmarconi - beautiful! What color are the cabinets?

• nathanmarconi
    6 years ago
    Hi, the cabinets were finished by the manufacturer, Great Northern. They call it frosty white. I took sample to local BM and the machine picked BM vanilla milkshake as closest color, and it is indeed a very close match as i painted the trim with it. I tested some directly on the cabinet scrap i had and it was a very good match.
  • Jason Coon
    6 years ago

@soldiersgirl0618 Can you post some photos of the seams in your London Sky Quartz, particularly in the area around your sink? We just had ours installed and we are considering having it redone because the veining is perpendicular rather than parallel at our seam. I also think we got a more heavily veined product than I've seen in photos of other installs. Note that we haven't installed our backsplash yet because we aren't sure if we are going to keep this countertop. Thoughts and opinions welcome.

• BW
    6 years ago

Shouldn't the veining go in one direction on both sides of the seam?

• soldiersgirl0618
    6 years ago

• soldiersgirl0618
    6 years ago

• soldiersgirl0618
    6 years ago

Mine have less big veins then yours but the fabricators definitely did their best in matching by the seems. I would be upset if mine were going in different directions. Let me know if you need more photos

• soldiersgirl0618
    6 years ago

Here I tried to get the big picture of how it looks.. how if it when you zoom out maybe it flows better when not so close up?

• Jason Coon
    6 years ago

Thank you! It looks like your installer clearly took into account how the pieces would line up at the seam. Did they show you a mockup of what they were planning before they installed it or did they just show up and do it? We are thinking of replacing it with one of the light granular colors, as I don't see how anything veined will work, though your installer seemed to be able to do it for your kitchen.

• hartntex
    6 years ago

@southhamptontoni I may have missed this prior but what color cabinets did you use with London Sky? I'm on the fence between a Vermont Danby imperial honed marble and LS but not sure how it would work with my off-white cabinets. thx.

• soldiersgirl0618
    6 years ago

We did not see a mock up. They just showed us the slabs and then installed

• K Silk
    6 years ago

We are having our london sky counter-tops installed next week, and we
    got multiple photos of the slab as well as mock ups showing veining
    pattern before install. I am a little nervous about the seam as well,
    but they absolutely tried to put it where the least veining is present.
    The skinny bit on top is a window sill. I will add photos once it is
    installed. We plan to paint the cabinets at a later date in Farrow and
    Ball Oxford Stone. The color is a little warmer and we debated about
    going with something with more grey given how grey the counters are but I
    find it too modern and wanted more warmth.

• nathanmarconi
    6 years ago
    I have one seam, and they did a good job with it. The pics are dark but you get the idea.
  • K Silk
    6 years ago
    Had ours installed the other day here is a photo of the seam. Once the backsplash is in I will post kitchen pictures.
  • User
    6 years ago

That is a beautiful seam Kate, shows how it should be

• K Silk
    6 years ago

replacing the windowsill made a huge difference, even pre backsplash, seam in the photo:

with the backsplash (pre grout)

Before:

After:

• K Silk
    6 years ago
    One more
  • soldiersgirl0618
    6 years ago

Gorgeous what color grout did you do on your subway tile? Platinum?

• K Silk
    6 years ago
    No grout yet, that is tomorrow’s project, but it will be platinum.
  • soldiersgirl0618
    6 years ago

We almost went platinum but ended up with delorean grey. I still wish we would have done platinum can't wait to see!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    6 years ago

Very nice! Good look and completely changes the space. Love it.

• K Silk
    6 years ago
    Here it is with grout
  • soldiersgirl0618
    6 years ago

Really nice! I love the platinum

• mquimby
    6 years ago
    Finally getting my London Sky JB with a backsplash from Sonoma Tile’s Stellar QuickShip program. Rain Mist 3x9 I believe is the name.
  • mquimby
    6 years ago
    Not sure if previous pics posted.
  • User
    6 years ago

Beautiful combo

• K Silk
    6 years ago

Beautiful. Love the grey subway tile. The cabinets are a lovely color as well; what color is the paint?

• mquimby
    6 years ago
    K Silk, the paint is Benjamin Moore White Dove.
  • Miranda
    6 years ago

For everyone who installed London Sky, did you get to see the slab before you bought it, or all they all the same? Our installer says they order it on an as needed basis and no one has any in stock to view.

• K Silk
    6 years ago

We didn't see the slab, but we did have the supplier send a photo. I found that the sample had more variation than the actual installed piece which was more plain. This being said it is fairly true to the sample. Because it is a manufactured product it is remarkably consistent and you can get a good idea of what yours will look like buy seeing images posted on this thread.

• User
    6 years ago

I called a place fairly close to me that I knew sold and fabricated the product to see if they had any slabs they were working on. They had two. When I went and looked it seemed consistent with my sample in design but lighter in background color (which I liked). When my slabs came in, (different place) they also had a lighter background than my old sample. When I also compared it to the store sample, it was also lighter. Their sample was even older than mine. I find it to be a delicate look overall.Hopes this helps

• PRO
    AboveAll Custom Homes
    6 years ago
    We just installed London Sky and LOVE it ! I was initially hesitant as I thought the sample looked too 'beige' against our white cabinets. Luckily, our supplier had a slab available, so we were able to see exactly what we were getting. The final product exceeded our expectations ! It's the perfect option if you want that fresh, modern look but not 'too white'. More of an off white/light grey which adds some warmth.
    Very happy with our choice !
    (Other contenders were Marbella white and Calcutta Verona by MSI.)
  • Miranda
    6 years ago
    Above all, I love your kitchen! What color are your cabinets?
  • PRO
    AboveAll Custom Homes
    6 years ago
    Miranda,
    Thank you ! They are 'Simply White' by Benjamin Moore.
  • Miranda
    6 years ago
    Aboveall, what a crazy coincidence! that's the same paint color, same countertop, and same Amerock hardware I was going to use in our new kitchen. Glad to see how awesome it looks!
  • pattymuchka
    6 years ago

This thread was SO HELPFUL to me before I choose London Sky. Just had it installed and I absolutely LOVE it! Subtle pattern but definitely just the right amount of it! Works beautifully in a "vintage" kitchen!

Now, I'm trying to pick out a new floor - yikes -- another level of anxiety for sure. This is an older home (1923). We started with adding molding and painting the cupboards. Of course, then I had to update the counters, sink, faucet and next is the floor. Always something...

• Brittaney
    5 years ago
    I have London Sky quartz and it's absolutely beautiful! However, when the installer installed it, part of the caulk that connects to the quartz backsplash slab and counter came off and I want to refill it. Does anyone know which caulk to use for this quartz?
  • Ann Knowles
    5 years ago
    Marianas, I love your kitchen! Can I ask what you have on the floors?
  • K Silk
    5 years ago

Posting again now that our cabinets have been painted in case this is helpful to anyone searching. We used SW paint in Shiitake for the cabinets and tumbled brass hardware from Lowes.

• ruth smore
    4 years ago

To K Silk (hope you are still there): what size subway kitchen tile? glossy? brand?

• K Silk
    4 years ago

Glossy yes, it is this tile. I think from Lowes

• ruth smore
    4 years ago

Thank you so much. That was smart to take a photo of the box.